Italian Beef Kabobs (Cooking for 2)
Community Recipe from
- Italian Beef Kabobs (Cooking for 2)
- Balsamic vinegar and fresh oregano take beef kabobs to new flavor heights!
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- beef bone-in sirloin or round steak, 3/4 pound, 1 inch thick
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- cup balsamic vinegar
- cup water
- tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- teaspoon sugar
- 1.Remove fat from beef. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces.
- 2.Mix remaining ingredients in medium glass or plastic bowl. Stir in beef until coated. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour but no longer than 12 hours.
- 3.Set oven control to broil. Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade. Thread beef on each of four 10-inch metal skewers, leaving 1/2-inch space between each piece. Brush kabobs with marinade.
- 4.Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan. Broil kabobs with tops about 3 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning and brushing with marinade after 3 minutes. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Makes 2 servings
- Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
- Did You Know...
- Although you might be tempted to serve the extra marinade with the cooked kabobs, you should discard any marinade that has been in contact with raw meat. Bacteria from the raw meat could transfer to the marinade.
- Time Saver
- To speed up prep, omit the garlic, vinegar, water, oregano, oil, marjoram and sugar, and instead, marinate the beef in 2/3 cup purchased Italian dressing in step 2.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Beef Kabobs (Cooking for 2) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes