I really liked this recipe, I replaced the chicken broth for vegetable broth to make it vegetarian and used a bit less than 3 cups, used frozen peas and the result was very nice and tasty.
Israeli Couscous with Fresh Peas and Mint
Also known as pearl couscous, Israeli couscous has an appealing tender-chewy texture.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 9.3g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring broth and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium pan. Stir in couscous and peas. Lower heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until couscous and peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in mint and cook 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Frozen peas may be substituted for fresh, but if you use frozen, stir them in at the last minute, along with the mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note