Israeli Couscous Salad with Fennel and Goat Cheese
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Israeli couscous, cooked
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 (2.5-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- Garnish: fennel fronds
- Trim base from fennel bulb; cut bulb into thin strips, reserving fronds for garnish, if desired.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add fennel strips, bell pepper, olives, and green onions, tossing to coat. Add couscous, and toss lightly.
- Arrange lettuce on 6 plates. Top with couscous mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese, and garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads