- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Israeli couscous, cooked
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 (2.5-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- Garnish: fennel fronds
How to Make It
Trim base from fennel bulb; cut bulb into thin strips, reserving fronds for garnish, if desired.
Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add fennel strips, bell pepper, olives, and green onions, tossing to coat. Add couscous, and toss lightly.
Arrange lettuce on 6 plates. Top with couscous mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese, and garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.