Island Salmon Salad
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) fresh or frozen salmon or swordfish
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice or lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) cajun or jerk seasoning
- 6 cup(s) torn mixed greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup(s) strawberries, halved
- 1 medium avocado, halved, peeled, and sliced
- 1 medium mango, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped macadamia nuts or almonds, toasted
- tortilla bowls
- Tarragon-buttermilk dressing
- lime peel curls
- Brush fish with oil, sprinkle with lime or lemon juice and seasoning. Place in a greased grill basket. Grill for 4-6 min. for each 1/2" of thickness or till fish flakes easily, turning once. Tear fish into bite-size pieces.
- Combine fish, greens, oranges, strawberries, avocado, mango, and nuts in a large mixing bowl; toss gently to mix. Spoon into the tortilla bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish each serving with a lime peel.
- Tortilla Bowls: Lightly brush for 9-10" flour tortillas and four oven-safe bowls with a small amount of cooking oil. Press tortillas, coated sides up, into bowls. Place a ball of foil in each. Bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 min. or till light brown. Remove foil; cool. Remove tortillas from bowls. Store in airtight containers for up to 5 days.
- Tarragon-Buttermilk Dressing: Combine 1/3 c. buttermilk; 2 tbsp. mayo; and 1 tsp snipped fresh tarragon or dill or 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon or dillweed, crushed, in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwatson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Island Salmon Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes