Island Breeze Cheesecake
This is a dense New York-style cheesecake.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fruit Topping
- Garnish: toasted coconut
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, chopped almonds, melted butter, and sugar. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add sour cream, and beat just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake, and release sides of pan; spoon chilled Fruit Topping over top. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note