- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the dough into tablespoon-size mounds and place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.