- 1/2 cup dried peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried prunes, chopped
- 1 cup hot, strong tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- Butter or margarine (optional)
How to Make It
Combine dried fruit and tea in a large bowl; cover and let stand overnight.
Add next 3 ingredients to fruit mixture; stir well. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
Spoon batter into a greased 9- inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with butter, if desired.