Irish Sweet Scone
This loaf version of a scone is moist and most tender right out of the oven. Try some leftover slices toasted with butter and jam. Loaves freeze well.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) container raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together first 3 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Stir together milk, eggs, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in raisins. Spoon batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpans. Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans; brush loaves with melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts