Yield: about 2 1/2 quarts
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh celery leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups cubed rutabaga
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine meat, 1 quart water, celery leaves, parsley, bay leaf, and salt in a medium Dutch oven. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Stir in potatoes, rutabaga, and onion; cover and simmer an additional 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine 3 tablespoons water, flour, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until smooth. Stir flour mixture into stew, and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve stew hot in individual bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews