Irish Soda Bread
Try Irish Soda Bread with hearty Beef-Vegetable Stew.
Yield: Makes 1 (3-inch) round
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 3 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon flour evenly over work surface. Turn dough out onto floured surface, and knead 10 to 12 times. Shape dough into a 3-inch round; place round on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut a 1/4-inch-deep cross in the top of round with a sharp knife. Coat top of round with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads