I love this soup - much lower fat than the cream based potato soup and it tastes great!
Irish Potato Soup
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon, chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; stir in onion and leek. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in potato; cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir in broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; return to saucepan, and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews