Irish griddle bread
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 beaten egg
- Lightly grease a heavy cast iron pan.
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl; add in the sugar. Add butter, milk and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well. Heat the greased pan and cook the bread for 7-8 minutes on each side over low to moderate heat. Divide into 6 triangular shapes and serve hot with plenty of butter, jam and honey.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitchenwitchCO and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Irish griddle bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads