Irish Cream Tortoni
These frozen dessert cups, which hail from Italy, take on the addition of a smooth liqueur and a cookie base.
Yield: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (10 cookies)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Line 12 (3") muffin cups with foil muffin liners. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs in bottom of each liner; press lightly.
- Combine boiling water and coffee granules, stirring until coffee granules dissolve. Add 1 tablespoon grated chocolate, stirring well. Stir in liqueur, and let cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed of an electric mixer until foamy; add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold in liqueur mixture. Spoon evenly into muffin liners. Cover; freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer, and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons grated chocolate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note