Irish Coffee With Creamy Topping
Yield: 8 servings (about 83 calories per 3/4 cup coffee and 1/2 cup topping)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 6 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pour 1/2 cup milk into a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place cornstarch in a small bowl; gradually add water, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Add to simmering milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, remaining 1 cup milk, and vanilla in a large bowl; freeze mixture 1 hour or until a 1/8-inch-thick layer of ice forms on the surface. Beat mixture at high speed of an electric mixer 5 minutes; gradually add sifted powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Cover and chill.
- Combine coffee, whiskey, and sugar; stir well. Pour into mugs; spoon topping onto coffee. Serve immediately. Cover and store remaining topping in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note