- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless lamb
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 chicken-flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ( 10-ounce) package frozen English peas, thawed
How to Make It
Remove fell (tissue-like covering) from lamb; cut meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Combine lamb, salt, pepper, and water in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and cover; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except peas; cover and simmer 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Add peas, stirring gently; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf before serving.