Iowa Peas & Cheese Salad
Community Recipe from
- Iowa Peas & Cheese Salad
- Recipe By :
- Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories :
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- -------- ------------ ------------ --------- --------- --
- 1/3 c To 1/2 cup mayo or salad dr
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Prepared mustard
- 1/4 t Sugar
- 1/8 t Pepper
- 2 c Cooked shelled green peas *
- 1 c Diced mild Cheddar or Colby
- - cheese
- 1 md Stalk celery -- thinly sliced
- - (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 Sweet pickles -- chopped (abt
- - 1/4 cup)
- 2 tb Finely chopped onion
- 2 Hard-cooked eggs -- chopped
- Mix mayonnaise, salt, mustard, sugar and pepper in 2-1/2 quart bowl.
- Add peas, cheese, celery, pickles and onion; toss. Stir in eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Serve on
- lettuce leaves, if desired. Immediately refrigerate any remaining
- Variation: Substitute 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained,
- for the fresh green peas.
- * 1 10-oz pkg frozen green peas, thawed and drained, can be
- substituted for the fresh green peas.
- Nutritional info: 1 serving = 240 calories; 18g fat; 9g protein; 10g
- carbohydrate; 100mg cholesterol; 500mg sodium.
- NOTE: This is my personal favorite and my Sunday guests asked for the
- recipe recently. So, if you want a sure winner, choose this one
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Iowa Peas & Cheese Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads