- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Choose one from each category:
- Sauce Makers:
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- Choose one Fish/Meat/Poultry:
- 2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- Choose one Pasta/Rice:
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 cups uncooked medium shells
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Choose one Frozen Vegetable:
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cut broccoli
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen Italian green beans
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen English peas
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced yellow squash
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- Choose one or more Extras (Optional):
- 1 (3-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
How to Make It
Combine 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper with Sauce Maker (omit sour cream and milk when using tomatoes). Stir in Pasta/Rice, Frozen Vegetable, Fish/Meat/Poultry, and if desired, Extras.
Spoon casserole mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
Cover and bake casserole at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes; uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
Chicken Casserole: Cream of chicken soup, broccoli, rice, chicken, Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs.
Ham Casserole: Cream of celery soup, Italian green beans, wide egg noodles, ham, garlic, and 2 portions Swiss cheese.
Turkey Casserole: Italian-style diced tomatoes, spinach, medium pasta shells, turkey, onion, garlic, mozzarella cheese, adn breadcrumbs.
Vegetarian Casserole: Italian-style diced tomatoes, yellow squash, rice, olives, 4 portions celery, 4 portions bell pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs.