- 4 (7-inch) pitas
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 4 cups packaged gourmet salad greens
- calories 319
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 14.1 g
- carbohydrate 41.5 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 656 mg
- calcium 279 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475°.
Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread 1/2 teaspoon garlic on each pita. Sprinkle each pita with 1/4 cup cheese, and divide onion evenly among pitas. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
While pitas bake, combine vinegar, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and basil. Add salad greens, and toss gently to coat.
Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each pita with about 1 cup salad. Serve immediately.