Insalata di Frutti di Mare
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 32.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 176mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 958mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 small red potatoes (about 6 ounces), quartered
- 8 ounces small green beans or haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon basil-infused olive oil or extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 8 ounces jumbo shrimp (about 12 shrimp), cooked and peeled
- 4 Bibb, Boston, or radicchio lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover; chill.
- 2. Cook potatoes in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from water with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add green beans to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse green beans under cold water; drain.
- 3. While potatoes and green beans cook, combine onion and vinegar in a bowl; toss well. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain onion; discard vinegar.
- 4. Combine potatoes, green beans, onion, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
- 5. Arrange 2 cups vegetables, about 3 ounces crabmeat, and 3 shrimp on each of 4 plates. Spoon 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture into each lettuce leaf; place 1 leaf on each plate. Serve immediately with Italian breadsticks, if desired.
- Insalata di Frutti di Mare (ihn-sah-LAH-tah dee FROO-tee dee MAH-reh) translated means seafood salad. It can be prepared with a variety of seafood, but we limited this version to crab and shrimp to keep it quick and easy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This