This dish was brought to one of our Mardi Gras party pot lucks and was gone in minutes. It has become one of the MOST requested dishes from my kids and is now "expected" at every party or potlucks. The best we have ever tasted!
Ingrids Mac and Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Muellers Ready Cuts - 1 box
- 1 Lb velvetta cheese - cubed
- 4 Tb butter
- 4 Tb flour
- 4 C milk - warmed slightly
- S/P to taste
- Kraft deli deluxe cheese slices.
- Boil pasta, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, whisk in flour gradually to make a roux. S/P to taste. Slowly add milk, also whisking so it doesn't stick, until blended to a nice sauce. Add cheese cubes, mixing until blended, a few a time. When cheese sauce is finished remove from heat. Take a large, deep casserole dish and place 1/3 of the pasta on the bottom. Ladle cheese sauce until covered then a few slices of the deli deluxe cheese. Repeat layers ending with the cheese slices completely covering the top to seal in the moisture. Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 for approx 30 mins, remove foil and back another 15 mins or until the casserole bubbles and the cheese is slghtly brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tutupensacola and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note