Infused Rye Whiskey
Infused Rye Whiskey infuses American rye with roasted pears and vanilla. The vanilla adds some softness—a sense of sweetness—without adding additional sugar.
This recipe goes with The Westview Cocktail
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 cup Demerara or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 16 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 ripe pears, coarsely chopped
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle rye whiskey (such as Bulleit)
- 1. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water in a 2-cup glass measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300°.
- 3. Combine sage and pears in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Scrape seeds from vanilla beans; add seeds to pear mixture. Chop beans; add to pear mixture. Add 3 tablespoons sugar syrup to pear mixture (reserve remaining sugar syrup for another use). Bake pear mixture at 300° for 20 minutes or until pears are browned and mixture is fragrant. Combine warm pear mixture and whiskey in a large bowl. Pour mixture into a container with a lid; cover and store in a cool, dark place for 1 week, shaking occasionally. Strain out solids when ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note