Infused Grape seed Oil- hot method
from Colleen at Manatawny Creek Winery
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup spices such as cumin, cloves, etc or strong scented herbs like chives, mint, oregano
- 1 1/2 cups grape seed oil
- Sterilize a 375 ml glass bottle by washing, then baking at 250 degrees for 30 min.
- In heavy bottomed saucepan, place 3/4 cup oil and all the flavor ingredients. Heat, stirring constantly over medium heat until spices start to sizzle and oil bubbles a bit.
- Using a candy thermometer, heat to 140 degrees and cook there for 5 minutes. Oil should now be very aromatic. Remove from heat and taste to be sure that oil didn't scorch and has a strong spice taste. If not, add more flavorings and heat again.
- Add remaining oil to flavored oil. Strain if needed. Put oil in container and store in refrigerator tightly sealed. Keeps up to 2 months.
- Notes: Fresh ingredients cause oil to spoil faster. The drier the ingredients, the longer oil lasts. Garlic causes it to spoil faster.
- If using anything with moisture (ex: fresh hot peppers or garlic), strain, then add a fresh, whole one when bottling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tamilev and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Infused Grape seed Oil- hot method Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads