Great! Quick, easy, inventive way to make a nice treat. Make sure to dry well. I placed in red fluted candy papers & cellophane bags/tied with red ribbon and gave to hubby & friends. I used Grand Marnier.....delicious! Will make again.
Soaked cherries can be left in the freezer for up to two days before you dip them into the chocolate. Drizzle the leftover cherry-flavored Southern Comfort over vanilla ice cream.
More From Southern Living
Other: 8 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) jar maraschino cherries (with stems)
- 1/2 cup Southern Comfort*
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Wax paper
- 1. Drain maraschino cherries, and return to jar. Pour Southern Comfort into jar; cover with lid, and freeze 8 hours. Drain cherries, and pat very dry, reserving Southern Comfort for another use.
- 2. Microwave chocolate morsels and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 3. Dip cherries quickly into melted chocolate, coating well. Place cherries on wax paper, stem sides up, and let stand until chocolate is firm (about 30 minutes). Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- *Brandy may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note