I felt that this dish was just okay...maybe it's because I didn't use peanut oil (my husband's allergic). I also read the other comments and added a little heat via some Sambal Olek. If it wasn't for that I don't think it would have had any taste. Also I should have added more cabbage because it wilted down to nothing. Not sure if I will try this recipe again.
Indonesian Stir-Fried Noodles (Bakmi Goreng)
This easy Indonesian Stir-Fried Noodles (Bakmi Goreng) is a street-food noodle classic. For this noodle bowl's success, it depends on two things: serving it piping hot, right out of a very hot wok, and finding some kecap manis, a molasses-thick sweet soy sauce.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 419
- Fat: 20.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles or spaghetti
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chop, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packaged fried onions
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into pan; swirl to form a thin omelet. Cook 1 minute or until cooked on bottom. Carefully turn omelet over; cook 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Roll up omelet; cut roll crosswise into thin strips. Keep warm.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- 3. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil; swirl. Add chicken, pork, and garlic; stir-fry 1 1/2 minutes. Add cabbage, green onions, and celery; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in broth, kecap manis, and soy sauce. Add noodles; stir-fry 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and noodles begin to lightly brown. Add egg; toss gently. Top with fried onions. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note