Made this tonight for my family. We halved the red pepper and it was just enough kick without it being too much for the kids. My son would have liked some dipping sauce so next time I'll double the marinade too and reserve half to be served on the side.
"This recipe is one of my favorites because it's simple to make, tastes delicious, and is healthy. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. I like to double the recipe and enjoy the leftovers. I prefer spicy food, so sometimes I'll add a dash of hot sauce. For friends who don't like spicy food, I just stick to the recipe. To get the best flavor, poke the chicken with a fork so it can really absorb the marinade." CL Reader
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add chicken to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Place the chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note