- 2 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat. Boil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is reduced by half. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, and hot sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Note: Any thick, firm-fleshed white fish or boneless, skinless chicken breast can be used as a substitute for scrod. The sauce can be prepared up to 4 days to 1 day in advance and refrigerated, tightly covered.