Individual Sticky Toffee Pudding
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 cup(s) pitted dates
- 1 1/4 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Toffee Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cube(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 2 muffin pans.
- Sift the flour and baking powder onto a sheet of waxed paper
- Chop the dates fine. Place in a small bowl and add the boiling water and baking soda; set aside.
- In a bowl of electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until blended. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the date mixture to the batter and fold until blended with a rubber spatula. Pour into buttered muffin pans, fill to 1/2. Bake until pudding is set and firm on top, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Toffee Sauce: (prepare while pudding is baking)
- Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium low heat until mixture is thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat broiler. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce over the pudding. Spread evenly on top. Place pudding under the broiler until the topping is bubbly, about 1 minute. Serve immediately spooned into dessert bowls. Drizzle with toffee sauce and serve with whipped cream or if you are a true Brit serve with Birds Custard.
- Note: You can prepare the pudding ahead. Simply bake, cool and place puddings into a Ziploc bag and freeze. Then heat up in the 350 degree oven until warm and serve with toffee sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by britjem66 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note