I made just one serving of this in a 6-oz. ramekin, with a slice of prosciutto, an egg plus an egg white, a handful of spinach and some shredded Gruyere. It took about 30 minutes to bake but made for a good, simple supper with a side of diced fresh pineapple. Given the time involved I would make at least two next time, but I would make it again.
Individual Prosciutto-and-Spinach Pies
These Individual Prosciutto-and-Spinach Pies get their structure--and extra flavor--from pieces of prosciutto that crisp on the bottom to form a cup.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
Total: 34 Minutes
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, halved crosswise (about 1/2 pound)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan or 12 ramekins. Place prosciutto slices into bottoms and up sides of cups, overlapping in a crisscross pattern.
- 2. Combine eggs, salt, and pepper. Divide spinach and cheese among muffin cups. Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- 3. Bake pies 14 to 16 minutes or until just set. Let stand about 5 minutes. Loosen pies by running a knife around the edges of each cup, and then lift out of pan with a small spatula. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note