Way Yummy! Made this for Sunday brunch this morning, using a mix of white and green onions. Halved the amount of potatoes and diced them raw, sauteeing them in a little bacon fat. Served with sliced tomatoes. It was a hit. Will serve it with mixed berries on the side next time.
Individual Potato-Bacon Frittatas
To make the breakfast preparation even faster and easier, you can sauté the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic the night before.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes (about 6)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (drained)
- 1 3/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in potato, cheese, and bacon.
- Combine egg substitute, salt, and black pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups or 6-ounce ramekins coated with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetable mixture. Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until set. Remove from muffin cups, and cool slightly.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note