Individual Pineapple Chiffon Pies
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 (15 1/8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained and divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 (3-inch) baked tart shells
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup pineapple, lemon rind, and juice in top of a double boiler. Place over boiling water and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Add softened gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into tart shells; chill. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining pineapple.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts