Individual Peach Shortcakes
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine sliced fresh peaches and 1/4 cup sugar; stir gently, and chill.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt In a large mixing bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk to flour mixture; stir with a fork until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness; cut out with a 3 - inch cookie cutter. Carefully place rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool the rounds on wire racks.
- Split each shortcake in half. Cover bottom of each half with 1/4 cup sliced peaches, and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Replace top of each shortcake, and repeat procedure using remaining sliced peaches and whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings