This is an excellent gluten-free dessert. I'm a caterer and everyone loves it - even those who are not GF!
Individual Key Lime Cheesecakes
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.64
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Sodium: 68mg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Oil six 6-oz. ramekins. Pour 2 Tbsp. cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Place bowl into a larger bowl of hot water and stir until gelatin has dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Blend sugar and zest in a food processor until zest is finely ground. Whisk together lime juice, sugar mixture and yolks in a saucepan. Cook, whisking, over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin. Cool to room temperature, whisking often.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks. Pour lime juice mixture through a sieve set over a bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Whisk juice into cream cheese mixture and pour into ramekins. Let cool to room temperature. Chill, loosely covered, at least 3 hours, until set and chilled.
- To serve, dip bottoms of ramekins one at a time into a bowl of hot water for about 5 seconds, and run a small knife around edges. Invert cheesecakes onto serving plates and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note