Individual Chocolate Souffles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temperatue
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar plus more for ramekins
- 3 whole(s) large egg whites room temperature, plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cream or tartar
- 5 1/2 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate melted
- 2/3 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 - Preheat oven to 400F. Brush four 7 ounce ramekins generously with the butter; coat with granulated sugar. Whisk whites with a mixer until frothy, about 2 minutes. Add cream of tartar; whisk until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar; whisk until medium peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- 2 - Set chocolate in a bowl. Whisk milk into cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk into chocolate (mixture will separate). Whisk in yolks and creme fraiche. Gently fold in egg whites.
- 3 - Fill ramekins evenly with batter. Bake on a baking sheet, rotating halfway through, until souffles rise but centers are still liquid, about 14 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Individual Chocolate Souffles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts