1. Heat oven to 400 F. Generously coat 12 cups in a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 5 or 6 blueberries in each muffin cup; set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, stir corn bread mix, egg, granulated sugar and milk until combined.
3. Top the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of batter. Repeat with another layer of 5 or 6 blueberries and 1 tablespoon of batter on top. Muffin cups should be about half full.
4. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Cool in muffin pan on rack for 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around each cup and remove cakes to racks to cool completely.
5. To serve, turn upside down. Dust with confectioners' sugar and top with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Go to full version of