- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large tart-sweet apples (such as Braeburn, Gala or McIntosh), peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- calories 324
- fat 15 g
- satfat 8 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- sodium 44 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, walnuts, 2 Tbsp. of sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Pour butter over dry ingredients and mix with a fork, breaking up any large chunks. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine apple cubes with remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and lemon juice, tossing to coat. Divide among four small oven-safe ramekins and top each with 1/4 of walnut mixture.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until fruit is soft and topping is browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream, if desired.