8 (about 6 ounces each) beef filet mignons (1-inch thick)
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
8 ounce(s) mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped shallots
4 clove(s) garlic, minced
2T dry marsala or sherry
2 sheets Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, thawed according to package directions
1/2 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 350. Season beef with salt/pepper, place on baking rack and bake till center in 120 degrees about 20 min. Remove the beef to a plate. Cover the plate and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the beef is cold.
• Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots and garlic and wine,season with black pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring often. Remove the mushroom mixture from the skillet and let cool.
• Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry sheets on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheets into 2 (14-inch) squares. Trim the edges to form 2 (13-inch) squares. Cut each square into 4 squares, making 8 squares in all.
• Place 1 tablespoon Gorgonzola in the center of each pastry square. Divide the mushroom mixture evenly among the pastry squares. Top each with 1 filet mignon. Fold 2 opposite pastry corners over the beef, overlapping slightly, and press to seal. Brush with the egg. Repeat with the remaining pastry corners.
• Place the pastry-wrapped beef seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate the pastry-wrapped beef and the remaining egg for 1 hour or overnight.
• Heat the oven to 425°F. Brush the pastry-wrapped beef with the remaining egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the temperature of the beef is 117°F. Serve immediately.
Serve with foil roasted vegges
Spray foil with PAM.
add vegges, top with garlic butter salt and pepper, wrap tightly and bake 350 for 20-30 minutes.
finish the last 20 mintes at 425 along with beef.
Go to full version of