So delicious, and filled the house with a wonderful aroma. Easy to make. I omitted the garlic and cilantro and used brown rice.
Indian-Style Tofu and Cauliflower with Chutney
This is a riff on the Indian dish aloo gobi, with tofu standing in for traditional potatoes.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 12.5g
- Carbohydrate: 47.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 517mg
- Calcium: 187mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels. Cover tofu with several more layers of paper towels; top with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Let stand 30 minutes. Discard paper towels. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. Place onion in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mustard seeds and cumin; cook 10 seconds or until mustard seeds begin to pop. Add onion and curry powder; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes or until onion is golden, stirring constantly.
- 3. Place garlic and ginger in food processor; process until a smooth paste forms. Stir garlic mixture into onion mixture; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tofu, cauliflower, 1/4 cup water, salt, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- 4. Spoon 3/4 cup rice onto each of 6 plates; top each serving with 1 cup tofu mixture. Spoon 2 teaspoons yogurt over each serving; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes