LOVED this recipe, as did my entire family. Didn't change a thing. Served it with brown rice and broccoli. Quick and easy weeknight dish.
Indian-Style Shrimp with Yogurt Sauce
Garam masala is a blend of Indian spices that may include cardamom, coriander, cumin, fennel, black pepper, and a variety of Northern Indian spices. The rich yogurt sauce counters the peppery shrimp. Serve over quick-cooking brown rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 255mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 (6-ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape drained yogurt into a bowl using a rubber spatula. Stir in chopped cilantro. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add shrimp; sprinkle shrimp with garam masala, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note