Indian-Style Chicken Curry
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, and pierce with a fork. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove onion with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet, and cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until browned. Stir in onion, 1 1/2 cups boiling water, and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 30 minutes or until done. Stir in sour cream; cook just until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes