Yield: about 8 1/2 cups
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups water, divided
- 4 medium-size yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 red pepper pod, halved and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cook lamb in oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until browned. Add 3 cups water, squash, pinto beans, corn, pepper pod, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Combine remaining water and flour; stir until smooth. Pour into stew; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened and bubbly. Remove pepper pod; discard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews