- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for serving
- 1 teaspoon garam masala*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lamb top round or sirloin, cut into 1-in. chunks
- calories 379
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 10 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- sodium 459 mg
- cholesterol 105 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to high (about 450° to 550°). Cut zucchini and bell peppers into chunks about 1 in. wide. In a large bowl, stir together yogurt, chopped cilantro, garam masala, salt, curry powder, cayenne, lemon juice, and oil. Add lamb and vegetables and toss to coat.
Thread lamb and vegetables onto 8 (10 in.) metal skewers, keeping some space between the pieces to help them cook evenly.
Grill skewers until beginning to char and easy to turn, about 5 minutes, then turn as needed until lamb is medium-rare and vegetables are lightly charred but still tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes total.
Transfer skewers to a platter and top with cilantro sprigs.
*Find at well-stocked grocery stores and Indian markets.