Used some Indian spice I had w/ the Serrano pepper. Really good & really easy (only 5 min on the grill). Skipped the okra & served w/ couscous.
Indian-Spiced Grilled Shrimp and Okra
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound small okra pods, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Place half of serrano mixture and shrimp in a bowl; toss to coat. Place remaining serrano mixture and okra in a bowl; toss to coat.
- 3. Thread shrimp onto 4 (8-inch) skewers. Thread okra onto 4 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill okra 3 minutes on each side or until well-marked and crisp-tender; sprinkle with salt. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side or until done; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note