INDIAN SPICED GARBANZOS AND GREENS
WHOLE FOODS RECIPE Inspired by the popular Indian dish, Chana Masala, this is a satisfying mixture of seasoned greens and beans. Substitute spinach or Swiss chard for the collards, if you like.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Recipe Below
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounces each) cans no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat broth to a simmer in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeño and cook until onion is tender and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry and garam masala and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, garbanzos and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in collards, cover and cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice and serve.
- Per Serving: 210 calories (35 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 36g total carbohydrate (10g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 11g protein1
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mrmacrae73 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
INDIAN SPICED GARBANZOS AND GREENS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables