Indian Spiced Carrot Soup with Ginger
Per serving: 163 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated), 0mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 19g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 6g protein
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 4 cup(s) Carrots, peeled, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime peel
- 5 cup(s) low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 squeezed fresh limes for juice
- Plain yogurt (for garnish)
- Grind coriander and mustard seeds in spice mill to fine powder. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground seeds and curry powder; stir 1 minute. Add ginger; stir 1 minute. Add next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add 5 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Working in batches, puree in blender until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if too thick. Stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before serving.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with yogurt and serve
- ADAPTED FROM EPICURIOUS.COM...see below
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/healthy/news/diet_antiinflammatory/recipes/food/views/Indian-Spiced-Carrot-Soup-with-Ginger-241886#ixzz1j5YGyWWt
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ceramcr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note