Indian Spiced Carrot Soup with Ginger
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 4 cup(s) Carrots, peeled, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime peel
- 5 cup(s) low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 squeezed fresh limes for juice
- Plain yogurt (for garnish)
- Grind coriander and mustard seeds in spice mill to fine powder. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground seeds and curry powder; stir 1 minute. Add ginger; stir 1 minute. Add next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add 5 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Working in batches, puree in blender until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if too thick. Stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before serving.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with yogurt and serve
- ADAPTED FROM EPICURIOUS.COM...see below
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/healthy/news/diet_antiinflammatory/recipes/food/views/Indian-Spiced-Carrot-Soup-with-Ginger-241886#ixzz1j5YGyWWt
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ceramcr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note