- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice or other long-grain rice*
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mango chutney
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads or 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
*1 1/2 cups yellow rice may be substituted; omit saffron.