- 4 tablespoons canola or other vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons black or brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, rinsed but not peeled, halved
- About 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- calories 223
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- protein 4.3 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 399 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat 2 tbsp. oil and mustard seeds in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, covered, just until seeds start to pop. Stir in cumin seeds and turmeric; then stir in potatoes, 1 tsp. salt, and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium low and add 1 tbsp. water. Cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and salt to taste. Cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, until potatoes are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.