Indian Fry Bread
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine dry ingredients; add milk, and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/3-inch thickness; cut into rectangles 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Gently place dough rectangles in 1/2 inch of hot oil (375°), a few at a time, lightly pressing down with the back of a fork until dough becomes firm. Turn, and cook on other side until golden in color. Drain; serve immediately with honey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads