Indian Curry Yogurt Marinade
Great on lamb, great on chicken, great on salmon. The yogurt acts as a tenderizer for the meat, and provides a rich, cooling counterpoint to the rich spices. Basmati rice is great with this. Lamb and chicken should marinate from 4 to 12 hours in the fridge, salmon for 1 hour. Cilantro haters should feel free to use parsley. Recipe by Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook and creator of themom100.com blog - July 14, 2013
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) plain whole-milk yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 1/2 cup(s) minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Put the yogurt, onion, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl or a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note