- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups canned vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 16 cups chopped spinach (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- calories 247
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 13.8 g
- carbohydrate 46.1 g
- fiber 11.3 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 5.7 mg
- sodium 882 mg
- calcium 251 mg
How to Make It
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through red pepper), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Place 1/2 cup chickpeas in a food processor; process until minced. Add minced chickpeas and remaining chickpeas to onion mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add spinach; sauté 3 minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
Spoon 1/2 cup spinach mixture onto each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 3/4 cup chickpea mixture; dollop each serving with 2 tablespoons yogurt.